Saturday 9 May 2015

My First Book Signing Experience!

So I realize I never review non fiction books and i'm not 100% sure if I will post a review of this book here on my blog but I had to share my first book signing experience on here! Carrie Hope Fletcher is mostly known for her Youtube channel Itswaypastmybedtime where she has over 500'000 subscribers. She currently plays Eponine in West End's Les Miserables and now she is an author!

All I Know Now is a part memoire and part advice book about what Carrie has learnt from her experiences as a teenager to adulthood. It deals with important issues that all young people go through such as bullying, body image and relationship problems. 

I was worried about how long the queue was going to be as unlike some of her signings, her signing at Liverpool was not a ticketed event, so it turned out to be on a first come first serve basis. So of course I panicked and turned up at 10.30am for an event that didn't start until 12pm. To my surprise however the queue was already huge! It really wasn't helping the anxiety I was feeling over not getting in.



As I turned up to the event alone I thought I was going to be awkwardly standing in the queue alone for an hour and a half. Luckily this was not the case! Carrie's fans, who call themselves Hopefuls are the nicest group of people you could ever meet. I met a girl who happened to share my name who had also come alone and had been having exactly the same thoughts as me! We talked to each other about our favourite Carrie videos, and also found out that we had other things in common such as a love for youtubers Dan and Phil and Doctor Who. 

After the long wait it was finally time to meet Carrie! As is often the case with book signings where the author is extremely popular, we were not given much time to chat to her, but I did mention how I had previously met her at stage door when I had seen her in Les Miserables. She was extremely kind and made sure that each person wasn't nervous. She seems like such a down to earth person despite her fame so it's difficult not to feel at ease around her. 




I really enjoyed my first time attending a book signing and I will definitely be keeping in touch with the lovely fans I met there!





No comments:

Post a Comment